Acle school club closes
AN OUT-of-hours club for children at Acle Primary School has closed, forcing parents to make alternative arrangements.The club, run by a charity called Splats, had operated from the Fletcher Way school for a number of years, but closed three weeks ago due to falling numbers attending its sessions.
AN OUT-of-hours club for children at Acle Primary School has closed, forcing parents to make alternative arrangements.
The club, run by a charity called Splats, had operated from the Fletcher Way school for a number of years, but closed three weeks ago due to falling numbers attending its sessions.
The club organised pre-school sessions in the morning and after school activities where the children were able to do model making and play on the computer.
However, the school's headteacher Paul Henry said it was hoping to step in and run a breakfast club of its own, which could be running in the new year. He added in the meantime childminders were being arranged to look after the children.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The school is going to look into the possibility of an out-of-school club in the future. Parents are making alternative provisions and we recognise that for some parents it is difficult for them so that is why we are looking into the Breakfast Club.”
But he said demand for out-of-school clubs generally was not high at the moment and Acle Primary School was not alone in struggling to run one.
- 1 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 2 Pile of fly-tipped rubbish (including a car) finally cleared away
- 3 Village bids for 'summer evening vibe' with launch of outdoor market
- 4 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 5 Popular tea room to reopen on the Broads
- 6 How did Norfolk man end up buried in Iceland?
- 7 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 8 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 9 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 10 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
We were unable to contact Splats for a comment.