Acle school club closes
AN OUT-of-hours club for children at Acle Primary School has closed, forcing parents to make alternative arrangements.The club, run by a charity called Splats, had operated from the Fletcher Way school for a number of years, but closed three weeks ago due to falling numbers attending its sessions.
AN OUT-of-hours club for children at Acle Primary School has closed, forcing parents to make alternative arrangements.
The club, run by a charity called Splats, had operated from the Fletcher Way school for a number of years, but closed three weeks ago due to falling numbers attending its sessions.
The club organised pre-school sessions in the morning and after school activities where the children were able to do model making and play on the computer.
However, the school's headteacher Paul Henry said it was hoping to step in and run a breakfast club of its own, which could be running in the new year. He added in the meantime childminders were being arranged to look after the children.
He said: “The school is going to look into the possibility of an out-of-school club in the future. Parents are making alternative provisions and we recognise that for some parents it is difficult for them so that is why we are looking into the Breakfast Club.”
But he said demand for out-of-school clubs generally was not high at the moment and Acle Primary School was not alone in struggling to run one.
- 1 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 2 Man avoids jail for entering ex-partner's home in court order breach
- 3 What's happening with Great Yarmouth's £4.7m market revamp?
- 4 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 5 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 6 'It has saved my life' - Mandalay food bank users' despair at closure
- 7 Hotel boss drove to pick up son from school while banned
- 8 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 9 E-scooter rider who collided with child among 21 banned in trial
- 10 Former pub and nightclub up for auction in Great Yarmouth
We were unable to contact Splats for a comment.