Acle school club closes
AN OUT-of-hours club for children at Acle Primary School has closed, forcing parents to make alternative arrangements.The club, run by a charity called Splats, had operated from the Fletcher Way school for a number of years, but closed three weeks ago due to falling numbers attending its sessions.
AN OUT-of-hours club for children at Acle Primary School has closed, forcing parents to make alternative arrangements.
The club, run by a charity called Splats, had operated from the Fletcher Way school for a number of years, but closed three weeks ago due to falling numbers attending its sessions.
The club organised pre-school sessions in the morning and after school activities where the children were able to do model making and play on the computer.
However, the school's headteacher Paul Henry said it was hoping to step in and run a breakfast club of its own, which could be running in the new year. He added in the meantime childminders were being arranged to look after the children.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The school is going to look into the possibility of an out-of-school club in the future. Parents are making alternative provisions and we recognise that for some parents it is difficult for them so that is why we are looking into the Breakfast Club.”
But he said demand for out-of-school clubs generally was not high at the moment and Acle Primary School was not alone in struggling to run one.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Teens aged 15 and 16 arrested after man stabbed in park robbery
We were unable to contact Splats for a comment.