Acle Straight crash driver dies
A WOMAN driver died following a road accident on the Acle Straight near Tunstall bridge in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).The head-on crash involved a car travelling towards Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV going in the opposite direction, happened just before 5am.
A WOMAN driver died following a road accident on the Acle Straight near Tunstall bridge in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
The head-on crash involved a car travelling towards Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV going in the opposite direction, happened just before 5am.
One person was trapped and had to be released by fire crews from great Yarmouth and Acle, who used hydraulic rescue equipment.
The female driver of a Skoda Fabia was unconscious and taken by ambulance to the James Paget University Hospital. She died in hospital a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed the road in both directions between the A1064 and A12, diverting traffic through Filby. It was reopened at about 10.45am.
The accident was the latest in a string of crashes on the A47. On Thursday, October 8, there were two separate crashes on opposite sides of the carriageway on the dual carriageway near the A140 junction.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
The Acle Straight has also been notorious for accidents with campaigners calling for the stretch of road to be dualled.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Sgt Paul Sturman at Acle Roads Policing on 0845 456 4567.