Acle Straight crash driver dies
A WOMAN driver died following a road accident on the Acle Straight near Tunstall bridge in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).The head-on crash involved a car travelling towards Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV going in the opposite direction, happened just before 5am.
A WOMAN driver died following a road accident on the Acle Straight near Tunstall bridge in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
The head-on crash involved a car travelling towards Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV going in the opposite direction, happened just before 5am.
One person was trapped and had to be released by fire crews from great Yarmouth and Acle, who used hydraulic rescue equipment.
The female driver of a Skoda Fabia was unconscious and taken by ambulance to the James Paget University Hospital. She died in hospital a short while later.
Police closed the road in both directions between the A1064 and A12, diverting traffic through Filby. It was reopened at about 10.45am.
The accident was the latest in a string of crashes on the A47. On Thursday, October 8, there were two separate crashes on opposite sides of the carriageway on the dual carriageway near the A140 junction.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 3 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 4 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 5 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 6 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 7 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 8 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 9 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 10 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
The Acle Straight has also been notorious for accidents with campaigners calling for the stretch of road to be dualled.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact Sgt Paul Sturman at Acle Roads Policing on 0845 456 4567.