Acle Straight crash victim named
POLICE have named the 57-year-old woman who died following a road traffic collision on the A47, Acle Straight.The crash happened at around 4.55am on Wednesday, 1.
POLICE have named the 57-year-old woman who died following a road traffic collision on the A47, Acle Straight.
The crash happened at around 4.55am on Wednesday, 1.5 miles east of the junction with the A1064.
A Skoda Fabia travelling towards Great Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV travelling in the opposite direction were involved in a collision.
The female driver of the Skoda died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a short while later.
She has been identified as Rosemary Raisbeck of Speedwell Way, Norwich.
The 46-year-old male driver of the HGV was uninjured.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 5 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 8 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 9 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
The Coroner has been informed and an inquest will open in due course.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Contact Sgt Paul Sturman at Acle Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.