Acle Straight crash victim named
POLICE have named the 57-year-old woman who died following a road traffic collision on the A47, Acle Straight.The crash happened at around 4.55am on Wednesday, 1.
POLICE have named the 57-year-old woman who died following a road traffic collision on the A47, Acle Straight.
The crash happened at around 4.55am on Wednesday, 1.5 miles east of the junction with the A1064.
A Skoda Fabia travelling towards Great Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV travelling in the opposite direction were involved in a collision.
The female driver of the Skoda died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
She has been identified as Rosemary Raisbeck of Speedwell Way, Norwich.
The 46-year-old male driver of the HGV was uninjured.
- 1 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 2 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 3 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 4 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 5 Town's dog grooming salon celebrates 20 years in business
- 6 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
The Coroner has been informed and an inquest will open in due course.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Contact Sgt Paul Sturman at Acle Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.