Acle Straight crash victim named
POLICE have named the 57-year-old woman who died following a road traffic collision on the A47, Acle Straight.The crash happened at around 4.55am on Wednesday, 1.
POLICE have named the 57-year-old woman who died following a road traffic collision on the A47, Acle Straight.
The crash happened at around 4.55am on Wednesday, 1.5 miles east of the junction with the A1064.
A Skoda Fabia travelling towards Great Yarmouth and a Mercedes HGV travelling in the opposite direction were involved in a collision.
The female driver of the Skoda died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
She has been identified as Rosemary Raisbeck of Speedwell Way, Norwich.
The 46-year-old male driver of the HGV was uninjured.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 3 Murder detectives shift focus to town gardens
- 4 Great Yarmouth heritage site will house a new exotic restaurant
- 5 Covid in numbers - Jabs, cases, and hospital admissions in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 7 Drivers face delays after Land Rover crashed into traffic lights
- 8 Joe Pasquale and Susan Calman enjoy 'fabulous day out' in Yarmouth
- 9 Popular coastal guest house sells at auction
- 10 Inquest opens into death of Gorleston murder victim
The Coroner has been informed and an inquest will open in due course.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who saw the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision.
Contact Sgt Paul Sturman at Acle Road Policing on 0845 456 4567.