Two people hospitalised after four-car crash on A47
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a four-car crash on the A47.
Emergency services were called to reports of the collision on the Acle Straight outside Great Yarmouth just before 11am on Thursday (August 13).
Norfolk Police have said the road was closed between the Acle and Vauxhall roundabouts before being reopened at 1.22pm.
Four ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance attended the scene.
Two adults were transferred by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and the James Paget Hospital, while four other patients were treated at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Carrow helped to make the scene safe and released the occupants of the cars using hydraulic rescue equipment.
For updated travel information check our live traffic map.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff