Man dies after 'medical emergency' in Yarmouth street
- Credit: Anthony Carroll
A man has died after suffering a medical emergency in a Great Yarmouth street.
A fleet of emergency service vehicles rushed to the scene in Salisbury Road close to the entrance to the town's high school at 11.30am on Monday, July 11.
The air ambulance was also called, landing nearby on the dunes.
Police said the force's involvement was to do with securing the scene, and that it was a medical rather than criminal matter.
Although the incident took place near the entrance to Charter Academy, there is not thought to be any connection with the school.
A statement from the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at around 11.30am today to a medical emergency on Salisbury Road in Great Yarmouth.
"An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, an operations manager and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were sent to the scene.
- 1 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 2 Two teens remain under investigation after town park stabbing
- 3 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 4 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 5 'I am kinder to myself' - Mum-of-three on being diagnosed with autism at 50
- 6 What we know so far about major Paramount series filming in Norfolk
- 7 Theme park cuts ticket price and offers local discount
- 8 Great Yarmouth's £26m Marina Centre officially opens
- 9 £26m seafront leisure centre opens doors for first time today
- 10 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
"Sadly, despite the best efforts of paramedics, an adult man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
The air ambulance was seen taking off from the dunes near Munchies cafe at the top of the Venetian Waterways.