Air Festival teenager hit by lightning
A 13 year old boy was struck by lightning at the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival this afternoon.The incident happened at 1.13pm and the boy was cared for by the St John Ambulance Suffolk team and was quickly taken to the James Paget Hospital suffering a minor burn.
A 13 year old boy was struck by lightning at the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival this afternoon.
The incident happened at 1.13pm and the boy was cared for by the St John Ambulance Suffolk team and was quickly taken to the James Paget Hospital suffering a minor burn.
He was expected to make a full recovery.
Jason Gillingham, County Ambulance officer and on scene at the show, said: “This was a very minor burn to the boy's shoulder, but he was conveyed to hospital and is recovering well.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident proves what an important role St John Ambulance plays here at the Show every year. We really do our bit to make a difference to the enormous number of people who are out enjoying their day.”
Around 70 members have been providing first aid support to the thousands of people attending the Festival. The team includes fully trained nurses, doctors and paramedics.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 3 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 4 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 5 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 6 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 7 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 8 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 9 Public response 'phenomenal' as Yarmouth festival sold out
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley