Care home closed due to ‘serious concerns’
- Credit: Archant
A care home in Great Yarmouth has been closed after an inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) raised “serious concerns”.
Alexandra House Nursing and Residential Care Home in Euston Road was inspected by the CQC between July 16 and 18.
A decision was subsequently made to close the home and alternative arrangements are being put in place to care for residents.
A spokesperson for the CQC said: “CQC carried out an inspection at Alexandra House, Great Yarmouth, between 16 and 18 July. Inspectors found a number of serious concerns and, as a result, took action to protect the welfare and safety of those using the service.
“We have liaised closely with the CCG and Norfolk County Council which, following our inspection, decided to find other alternative care for people using the care home.
“We continue to work closely with both Norfolk County Council and the CCG with regard to the home. All CQC’s action is open to appeal.”
The last time the CQC provided a report on the care home, following an inspection in September 2016, it was given an overall rating of Good.
- 1 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Obituary: 105-year-old who outlived eldest sibling by five months
• MORE TO FOLLOW
Have you been affected by the closure? Email email@example.com