Anglers warned after tackle thefts
Sam Emanuel Anglers are being warned to be extra vigilant after fishing equipment worth about �2,000 was stolen from boats and holiday homes on the Norfolk Broads.
Anglers are being warned to be extra vigilant after fishing equipment worth about �2,000 was stolen from boats and holiday homes on the Norfolk Broads.
Fishing gear left out on boats and outside properties has been stolen several times in the last week in Wroxham, Horning and Repps-with-Bastwick. Thieves took rods, reels and tackle.
Broads Beat PC Paul Bassham said: “We would advise that people secure their fishing equipment, keep items indoors and out of sight, to prevent opportunist thieves from stealing your property.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone in the area is offered fishing equipment at a cut-price please report this to the police immediately.”
Police have the following tips for keeping boats and fishing gear safe: don't leave anything valuable in the cockpit or on deck;
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
property-mark your fishing equipment with a UV pen; keep boat keys separate from your engine keys; don't leave your keys in the ignition - always keep them with you; always keep your boat locked when no-one is on board, even for a short-time; and use strong padlocks or rimlocks on all your hatches, entry points and cockpit lockers.
If you witness suspicious activity around boats or have been offered something for sale that you suspect has been stolen, call the Broads Beat Team on 0845 456 4567. If a crime is in progress dial 999.