Anglers warned after tackle thefts
Sam Emanuel Anglers are being warned to be extra vigilant after fishing equipment worth about �2,000 was stolen from boats and holiday homes on the Norfolk Broads.
Anglers are being warned to be extra vigilant after fishing equipment worth about �2,000 was stolen from boats and holiday homes on the Norfolk Broads.
Fishing gear left out on boats and outside properties has been stolen several times in the last week in Wroxham, Horning and Repps-with-Bastwick. Thieves took rods, reels and tackle.
Broads Beat PC Paul Bassham said: “We would advise that people secure their fishing equipment, keep items indoors and out of sight, to prevent opportunist thieves from stealing your property.
“If anyone in the area is offered fishing equipment at a cut-price please report this to the police immediately.”
Police have the following tips for keeping boats and fishing gear safe: don't leave anything valuable in the cockpit or on deck;
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 3 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 4 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 8 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
property-mark your fishing equipment with a UV pen; keep boat keys separate from your engine keys; don't leave your keys in the ignition - always keep them with you; always keep your boat locked when no-one is on board, even for a short-time; and use strong padlocks or rimlocks on all your hatches, entry points and cockpit lockers.
If you witness suspicious activity around boats or have been offered something for sale that you suspect has been stolen, call the Broads Beat Team on 0845 456 4567. If a crime is in progress dial 999.