Anglers warned after tackle thefts
Sam Emanuel Anglers are being warned to be extra vigilant after fishing equipment worth about �2,000 was stolen from boats and holiday homes on the Norfolk Broads.
Anglers are being warned to be extra vigilant after fishing equipment worth about �2,000 was stolen from boats and holiday homes on the Norfolk Broads.
Fishing gear left out on boats and outside properties has been stolen several times in the last week in Wroxham, Horning and Repps-with-Bastwick. Thieves took rods, reels and tackle.
Broads Beat PC Paul Bassham said: “We would advise that people secure their fishing equipment, keep items indoors and out of sight, to prevent opportunist thieves from stealing your property.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone in the area is offered fishing equipment at a cut-price please report this to the police immediately.”
Police have the following tips for keeping boats and fishing gear safe: don't leave anything valuable in the cockpit or on deck;
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 3 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 4 Abandoned Grade II listed building to be restored
- 5 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 6 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 9 Where to watch fireworks for Bonfire Night in the borough
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
property-mark your fishing equipment with a UV pen; keep boat keys separate from your engine keys; don't leave your keys in the ignition - always keep them with you; always keep your boat locked when no-one is on board, even for a short-time; and use strong padlocks or rimlocks on all your hatches, entry points and cockpit lockers.
If you witness suspicious activity around boats or have been offered something for sale that you suspect has been stolen, call the Broads Beat Team on 0845 456 4567. If a crime is in progress dial 999.