Anglo-Saxon warrior’s Yarmouth visit
VISITORS to Great Yarmouth’s Christmas Fayre were greeted by a fearsome sight today.
An Anglo-Saxon warrior has been guarding the Christmas Fayre marquee outside St Nicholas Church and handing out leaflets.
However, there’s no need to worry as this particular warrior is Yarmouth man Barry Chapman, who regularly dresses up as historic figures.
The father-of-one, a keen history buff, is hoping to pass on some of his knowledge to visitors to the fayre and hopes to eventually turn his hobby into a profession.
He has already visited Stradbroke Primary and Oriel High Schools in Gorleston to give talks to the children and has previously donned the outfits of American GIs, Romans, MPs and Russian soldiers.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Chapman will be outside the marquee over the weekend.
To book him for an event, phone 01493 650333.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term