Appeal for Artillery Square residents to back jubilee celebrations
AN appeal has gone out to residents living in the Artillery Square area of Great Yarmouth to get behind celebration plans for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The Artillery Square Residents’ Association is planning a street party with stalls and entertainment on Sunday, June 3, at the First Move meeting room and outside area.
Organisers want to get as many people involved as possible and are keen to see all community groups represented.
ASRA chairman Miranda Telfer said: “We want to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee and are trying to bring the residents together like in the seventies when we all had street parties.
“We are trying to do that in Artillery Square and we want people to know about the event and come and join. It is about getting out there and letting everybody know that something is going to be happening.
“We have started working groups and we want people not only to come to the event itself but to get on board now and help us develop it.
“We are thinking of a street party, cakes, and people bringing different foods together and we are going to have stalls. It will be a real community boost.
- 1 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 2 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 3 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 7 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 8 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 9 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 10 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
“We would like a traditional street party and, as we are so diverse, to bring everyone together.
“We have a large Portuguese community in Yarmouth and around Artillery Square and we would like to bring them on board and sample their different foods. It is going to be a once in a lifetime event.”
If anyone would like to get involved they should contact Miranda on 07805038805 or email email@example.com