Appeal for Artillery Square residents to back jubilee celebrations
AN appeal has gone out to residents living in the Artillery Square area of Great Yarmouth to get behind celebration plans for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
The Artillery Square Residents’ Association is planning a street party with stalls and entertainment on Sunday, June 3, at the First Move meeting room and outside area.
Organisers want to get as many people involved as possible and are keen to see all community groups represented.
ASRA chairman Miranda Telfer said: “We want to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee and are trying to bring the residents together like in the seventies when we all had street parties.
“We are trying to do that in Artillery Square and we want people to know about the event and come and join. It is about getting out there and letting everybody know that something is going to be happening.
You may also want to watch:
“We have started working groups and we want people not only to come to the event itself but to get on board now and help us develop it.
“We are thinking of a street party, cakes, and people bringing different foods together and we are going to have stalls. It will be a real community boost.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 5 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
“We would like a traditional street party and, as we are so diverse, to bring everyone together.
“We have a large Portuguese community in Yarmouth and around Artillery Square and we would like to bring them on board and sample their different foods. It is going to be a once in a lifetime event.”
If anyone would like to get involved they should contact Miranda on 07805038805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org