Event to thank military veterans planned for Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A procession of military vehicles and a cadet competition will commemorate Armed Forces Day in Great Yarmouth.
The event will take place in the Market Place from 10am on Saturday, June 25, with cadets expected to take part in a drill contest inspected by the mayor Graham Plant.
The best cadets on the day will be presented with a cup by the mayor.
Bob Fleming, secretary of the Royal British Legion (RBL) branch in Great Yarmouth, said: "This is the first Armed Forces Day in the town for many years.
"We are proud to recognize all are military veterans and this year, especially the women who have served, who we would love to see on the day.
"We would like to see veterans join in either on the parade or help to line the area."
Veterans will muster at 9am at the entrance to the Market Place on Regent Street.
- 1 Survey warning ahead of £50m roundabout improvements
- 2 'Gourmet' kebab shop bringing 40 jobs to town centre
- 3 A47 dualling gets government green light
- 4 Men jailed for fraud after stolen letters and credit cards found in car
- 5 Care home 'covertly' gave patient medication, damning report reveals
- 6 Not received your council tax rebate yet? Here's how to get it
- 7 Are giant letters too 'tacky' for Gorleston?
- 8 Acle roadworks force drivers to take detour via Great Yarmouth or Wroxham
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 'Exceptional' worker fell to his death at harbour site
The RBL and cadets also will welcome people to ask questions about what they do in the town.