Armed police incident in Great Yarmouth is still on-going
- Credit: Archant
An ongoing police operation is taking place on Victoria Road in Great Yarmouth with armed police and dog units in attendance.
Norfolk Police have blocked off parts of the road as the operation continues.
Armed police have been seen to enter a property at the end of the road by Blackfriars Road and before they entered officers shouted “armed police”.
It appeared no arrests were made.
Officers could be seen with a sniffer dog and some police units have been replaced at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk police said the situation is still on-going and would not provide any more information for operational reasons.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam