Armed police catch escaped convict
ARMED officers this morning detained an escaped convict in Great Yarmouth.Terence O'Keefe, 38, convicted of a number of serious offences, has been unlawfully at large since escaping during treatment at a London hospital in February.
ARMED officers this morning detained an escaped convict in Great Yarmouth.
Terence O'Keefe, 38, convicted of a number of serious offences, has been unlawfully at large since escaping during treatment at a London hospital in February.
He was arrested by police in Ordnance Road shortly after 11am and is currently being held at a police station in the county.
Great Yarmouth Superintendent Jo Parrett, who commanded the operation, said: “This was a carefully planned and professional operation involving specialist firearms and tactical units from the Constabulary.
You may also want to watch:
“The man, who has committed very serious offences in the past and has been wanted for some time after escaping from custody elsewhere in the country, is now locked up again.
“We take any threat to public safety extremely seriously and once again this arrest sends a clear message that we will take very positive action to ensure Norfolk remains one of the safest places to live, work and visit.”
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term