Ashantai set to shine
A COURAGEOUS toddler who is battling cancer is set to be the star of a charity fashion show organised by her mum.
Ashantai Mane will be the centre of attention when she struts her stuff at the Elite Glam Girls Charity Catwalk Show in Great Yarmouth tomorrow night.
The brave little girl, who is being treated with Wilms’ tumour, the childhood form of kidney cancer will be leaving her hospital bed for to take part in the show.
Mum Suellen Smith has arranged the event at Caesar’s Bar on the seafront tomorrow (Wednesday) to raise cash for Cancer Research.
Two-year-old Ashantai was diagnosed with the disease last year and is currently being treated after contracting an infection.
Suellen and her partner Abdulai learned the devastating news after taking their daughter to the GP with a swollen stomach. Since then she has undergone a gruelling course of chemotherapy and had a kidney removed in October. A patch has been identified on her remaining kidney, but it has still not been decided if this is a tumour requiring more surgery.
Gorleston businesswoman Suellen, 31, decided to organise the fundraiser after setting up promotions agency Elite Glam Girls three ago.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
She said: “I have wanted to do a charity event ever since Ashantai became ill and starting the business was the perfect opportunity.
“Ashantai is so excited about taking part and I have got a lovely tiara for here to wear. I know she will enjoy it as she is not shy at all and loves the limelight.
“She has coped so well with the cancer – everyone finds it hard to believe there anything wrong with her. It makes me feel better to help with something like this and we need to raise as much money as possible to help find a cure for the disease.”
The show will also include a performance from Yarmouth rap duo Destination Mars and raffle with prizes including tickets for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at Lowestoft Marina Theatre and a meal for two and cabaret night at Potters Leisure Resort.
The show starts 6pm, tickets, �3, will be available on the door. Search for Elite Glam Girls Charity Catwalk Show on Facebook for more information.