Assault victim condition still critical
A MAN was still in a critical condition in hospital last night after being assaulted at a bar in Yarmouth.The man in his 30s was assaulted just before 5am on Saturday in the Long Bar on Marine Parade.
A MAN was still in a critical condition in hospital last night after being assaulted at a bar in Yarmouth.
The man in his 30s was assaulted just before 5am on Saturday in the Long Bar on Marine Parade.
He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston and later on Saturday was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, which are thought to include head injuries.
Two people have been arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The bar was cordoned off by police on Saturday while forensic teams investigated.
The Long Bar claims to be the “longest bar in the world - probably” and is a popular venue for stag and hen nights.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 3 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 4 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 7 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 8 Where can you see Father Christmas in the borough?
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley
On Friday and Saturday nights it stays open until 6am.
Staff at the venue were not able to comment yesterday.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the assault or has information. Call Yarmouth Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.