Two men in balaclavas armed with hammers try to rob Co-op store
- Credit: Archant
Two men armed with hammers demanded keys from a shop worker in Great Yarmouth during an attempted robbery.
It happened at 5.30am on Wednesday July 11 when a member of staff was outside the Co-op store on Beresford Road in the town.
Two men wearing balaclavas and armed with hammers approached her and demanded the keys for the shop.
The suspects attempted to open the door but were unsuccessful and made off.
The member of staff was not injured during the incident.
A spokesman for East of England Co-op said: “Incidents like this are never acceptable and we take the welfare of our colleagues, members and customers very seriously. We are doing all we can to support the colleague involved in this distressing incident.”
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or saw two men acting suspiciously in the area at the time, should contact DC Gavin Rivett at Great Yarmouth CID on 101.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
- 10 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
Alternatively contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.