Can you help this Australian man find his Norfolk relatives who owned village pub?
- Credit: Archant
The man and his wife have travelled to East Norfolk to find out more about their ancestors and find their relatives.
Deborah Bush, 61, and Graeme Bush, 62, from Colac, Victoria, have traced their family back to 1595 but are keen to find relatives who may still be based in Norfolk.
Mr Bush’s great great great grandfather, Matthew Bush, lived in Freethorpe and bought the Rampant Horse pub which stands on Chappelfield in 1868.
He had three children, Matthew, Robert and John Bush and married Elizabeth Sparks in 1832
Mrs Bush said: “We have drove around the area’s they lived and have been in contact with one of the members of the church where they were christened and got married.
“Their might be some of my husbands aunties and uncles around here still, there must be!”
Names of spouses who married into the Bush family include Snelling, Sydall, Lambert, Martins, Haylet, Whitacre, Jones, Beck, Sutton, Turner, Blitho, Rutherford, Rohsburn, Cubbeott and Syms.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Lost sailor found going backwards 12 miles off Norfolk coast
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
If you have any pictures or information email: firstname.lastname@example.org