Baby died of natural causes
An eight-week-old baby boy who stopped breathing while out shopping with his parents in Norwich died of natural causes, an inquest heard yesterday.Milo Yassin, of Tower Road, Repps with Bastwick, near Yarmouth, was being pushed in his pram by mother Gemma in Chapelfield on November 6 last year when he became “unresponsive”.
An eight-week-old baby boy who stopped breathing while out shopping with his parents in Norwich died of natural causes, an inquest heard yesterday.
Milo Yassin, of Tower Road, Repps with Bastwick, near Yarmouth, was being pushed in his pram by mother Gemma in Chapelfield on November 6 last year when he became “unresponsive”.
The hearing in Norwich was told paramedics attempted resuscitation to no avail and he was pronounced dead at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Greater Norfolk Coroner William Armstrong said a “very comprehensive” post mortem had been carried out.
You may also want to watch:
No apparent cause of death had been identified but the balance of probability was that it was natural causes and that Milo had suffered sudden unexpected death in infancy.
Recording a verdict of natural causes, Mr Armstrong said: “It is very clear Milo was a much loved and well cared for child of eight weeks who died suddenly and unexpectedly for no specific reason.”
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Town centre post office closed as staff self-isolate
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Investigation into 'particularly severe' case of fly-tipping
- 8 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 9 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
He expressed his sympathy to Milo's family, including parents Gemma and Gareth Yassin and his grandparents, who were all in attendance.
Milo stopped breathing shortly before 8pm after the couple, his uncle and aunt and 21-month-old brother Isaac had been to Pizza Hut on one of the shopping centre's busiest evenings of the year.
At the time Mr Yassin made a statement via police and thanked paramedics and all those who had tried to save his son's life.