Has Banksy been in Great Yarmouth?
- Credit: James Weeds
A large street art mural has been painted behind a bus stop in Great Yarmouth, but was it the work of Banksy?
The piece, which depicts a man and a woman dancing while an accordionist plays, appeared behind the bus stop on Admiralty Road on Friday morning.
Perry Bartram, a resident of the town, said: "It's exciting if the real Banksy has been to Great Yarmouth."
Kaavous Clayton, manager of Primeyarc art gallery alongside Jules Devonshire, said: "Artistic expression is an essential element of our cultural activity.
"Anything that raises the profile, importance and relevance of art and artists and their contribution to society is good.
"There are lots of artists working in Great Yarmouth and if this encourages people to seek them out and engage with their work too that would be great."
You may also want to watch:
Are you the mystery artist behind the work? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 4 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony