Bar to set up fundraising page for Tony Green’s funeral
- Credit: Archant
A Great Yarmouth bar is to set up a fundraising page in memory of Tony Green, whose body was found in the River Yare on Saturday afternoon.
Mr Green, 25, had been missing since the night of Saturday, September 8 and had last been seen in Bar X in Northgate Street.
Bar X has said it will now set up a fundraising page to help Mr Green’s family pay for his funeral.
A statement on Bar X’s Facebook page said: “After the tragic news we are setting up a fundraising page to help give Tony Green the send off he deserves.
“Any donations will be greatly received and any money will go to Tony’s family for help with funeral arrangements, we will also be holding a few events at Bar X to help raise as much as possible.”
Bar X also said that Mr Green’s family had asked for tributes to be left next to the river in Bure Park.
This morning a floral tribute had also been left at South Quay.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Mr Green’s body was pulled from the River Yare near to Haven Bridge.
His grandmother said he had been “well-loved” and thanked everyone who had been involved in searches with him.
Mr Green was from Lowestoft but also lived in a family home in Great Yarmouth.