Baton twirler triumphant
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.
Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
In her specialist event two baton she finished a well deserved third and in other individuals also reached both finals.
Sophie gained a silver medal in the group event and another bronze competing for Team England.
You may also want to watch:
It was the third year in a row that Sophie had represented England and this year's trip was only achieved by the kind donations and fundraising by local businesses, family and friends.
She is also supported by Sports Aid and was recently received another substantial award towards her training and travelling expenses.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 8 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
Sophie said: “The trip was awesome and I would like to thank you everyone who made it possible.”
Now back home and enjoying a break she is intending to concentrate on training up and coming athletes in baton skills.
Twirlers looking for extra tuition can contact Sophie on 01493 661172.