Baton twirler triumphant
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.
Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
In her specialist event two baton she finished a well deserved third and in other individuals also reached both finals.
Sophie gained a silver medal in the group event and another bronze competing for Team England.
It was the third year in a row that Sophie had represented England and this year's trip was only achieved by the kind donations and fundraising by local businesses, family and friends.
She is also supported by Sports Aid and was recently received another substantial award towards her training and travelling expenses.
- 1 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 2 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 3 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 6 Wimbledon wild card Olivia through to second round in ladies doubles
- 7 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 8 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 9 More than half say lights 'too tacky' for Gorleston
- 10 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
Sophie said: “The trip was awesome and I would like to thank you everyone who made it possible.”
Now back home and enjoying a break she is intending to concentrate on training up and coming athletes in baton skills.
Twirlers looking for extra tuition can contact Sophie on 01493 661172.