Baton twirler triumphant
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.
Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
In her specialist event two baton she finished a well deserved third and in other individuals also reached both finals.
Sophie gained a silver medal in the group event and another bronze competing for Team England.
It was the third year in a row that Sophie had represented England and this year's trip was only achieved by the kind donations and fundraising by local businesses, family and friends.
She is also supported by Sports Aid and was recently received another substantial award towards her training and travelling expenses.
- 1 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 2 What's happening with Great Yarmouth's £4.7m market revamp?
- 3 Man avoids jail for entering ex-partner's home in court order breach
- 4 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 5 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 6 Hotel boss drove to pick up son from school while banned
- 7 'It has saved my life' - Mandalay food bank users' despair at closure
- 8 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 9 E-scooter rider who collided with child among 21 banned in trial
- 10 Former pub and nightclub up for auction in Great Yarmouth
Sophie said: “The trip was awesome and I would like to thank you everyone who made it possible.”
Now back home and enjoying a break she is intending to concentrate on training up and coming athletes in baton skills.
Twirlers looking for extra tuition can contact Sophie on 01493 661172.