Baton twirler triumphant
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
BRADWELL teenager Sophie Parrott returned triumphant from the World Baton Championship in Australia.
Competing for England, Sophie, who had spent the last few months raising funds to take part in the competition, won a silver and bronze medal.
In her specialist event two baton she finished a well deserved third and in other individuals also reached both finals.
Sophie gained a silver medal in the group event and another bronze competing for Team England.
You may also want to watch:
It was the third year in a row that Sophie had represented England and this year's trip was only achieved by the kind donations and fundraising by local businesses, family and friends.
She is also supported by Sports Aid and was recently received another substantial award towards her training and travelling expenses.
- 1 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 5 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 6 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
Sophie said: “The trip was awesome and I would like to thank you everyone who made it possible.”
Now back home and enjoying a break she is intending to concentrate on training up and coming athletes in baton skills.
Twirlers looking for extra tuition can contact Sophie on 01493 661172.