Should parking be allowed on Beach Road in Winterton?
- Credit: Winterton-On-Sea
Consultation starts today on whether or not people can park on Beach Road in Winterton.
The Mercury reported on December 28 how drivers were being asked to use ‘common sense’ when parking in the village, after parking on Beach Road caused bottlenecks.
There were also fears over the impact of congestion on emergency services vehicles, after an ambulance took 25 minutes to negotiate the narrow stretch.
A Facebook group set up to promote the village urged people to use the car park by Dunes Cafe instead.
And one poster on the group said ‘no parking’ police cones at the site were ‘as much use as a chocolate fireguard’.
Now Norfolk County Council is asking people what they think of plans to prohibit waiting on Beach Road from its junction with King Street/King Corner to its easternmost end.
You may also want to watch:
Responses can be emailed to email@example.com. The officer dealing with the public enquiries is Mrs Craske, who can be called on 01263 739041.
- 1 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 2 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 3 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 4 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 5 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery
- 6 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 7 Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- 8 'No mask, no entry' - Cinema defends policy after turning away customers
- 9 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 10 Will Gorleston's splashpad open this summer?