Beach rugby comes to Yarmouth
THE second O2-organised Scrum on the Beach event in Yarmouth kicks off on Saturday with England rugby stars Paul Sackey and James Haskell fronting the free family festival from 10.
THE second O2-organised Scrum on the Beach event in Yarmouth kicks off on Saturday with England rugby stars Paul Sackey and James Haskell fronting the free family festival from 10.30am.
The England stars will be encouraging rugby fans and families alike to get involved at the event and put their beach rugby skills to the test.
The pair will be looking for the teams with the best beach rugby style, both on and off the pitch. The eight most stylish teams, judged on style of play, look and attitude, will win the chance to play at a tag tournament at the home of England rugby, Twickenham, in September.
Mr Sackey said: “O2 Scrum on the Beach is a great way to have fun and stay involved with rugby this summer. This year we're looking for some seriously stylish teams - with the most impressive getting to play at Twickenham in September.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as getting involved in a game of beach rugby, you can test your skills in the Play Zone or simply relax and enjoy the entertainment.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 3 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 4 Abandoned Grade II listed building to be restored
- 5 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon