Beach rugby comes to Yarmouth
THE second O2-organised Scrum on the Beach event in Yarmouth kicks off on Saturday with England rugby stars Paul Sackey and James Haskell fronting the free family festival from 10.
THE second O2-organised Scrum on the Beach event in Yarmouth kicks off on Saturday with England rugby stars Paul Sackey and James Haskell fronting the free family festival from 10.30am.
The England stars will be encouraging rugby fans and families alike to get involved at the event and put their beach rugby skills to the test.
The pair will be looking for the teams with the best beach rugby style, both on and off the pitch. The eight most stylish teams, judged on style of play, look and attitude, will win the chance to play at a tag tournament at the home of England rugby, Twickenham, in September.
Mr Sackey said: “O2 Scrum on the Beach is a great way to have fun and stay involved with rugby this summer. This year we're looking for some seriously stylish teams - with the most impressive getting to play at Twickenham in September.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as getting involved in a game of beach rugby, you can test your skills in the Play Zone or simply relax and enjoy the entertainment.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'