Beach rugby comes to Yarmouth
THE second O2-organised Scrum on the Beach event in Yarmouth kicks off on Saturday with England rugby stars Paul Sackey and James Haskell fronting the free family festival from 10.
THE second O2-organised Scrum on the Beach event in Yarmouth kicks off on Saturday with England rugby stars Paul Sackey and James Haskell fronting the free family festival from 10.30am.
The England stars will be encouraging rugby fans and families alike to get involved at the event and put their beach rugby skills to the test.
The pair will be looking for the teams with the best beach rugby style, both on and off the pitch. The eight most stylish teams, judged on style of play, look and attitude, will win the chance to play at a tag tournament at the home of England rugby, Twickenham, in September.
Mr Sackey said: “O2 Scrum on the Beach is a great way to have fun and stay involved with rugby this summer. This year we're looking for some seriously stylish teams - with the most impressive getting to play at Twickenham in September.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as getting involved in a game of beach rugby, you can test your skills in the Play Zone or simply relax and enjoy the entertainment.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 3 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 4 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 5 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 6 Man denies raping woman in flat above fast food outlet
- 7 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans memorial garden for Gorleston woman
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 10 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns