Beauty queens fly flag for Yarmouth
MODELS Leanne Stephens and Chrissie-Lea Dyball are flying the flag for Great Yarmouth at this year's Miss Norfolk contest.Both girls are among the 40 budding beauty queens taking part in the grand final of the competition in MayThe winner receives �1,000 in prizes and a coveted place in the Miss Great Britain final.
MODELS Leanne Stephens and Chrissie-Lea Dyball are flying the flag for Great Yarmouth at this year's Miss Norfolk contest.
Both girls are among the 40 budding beauty queens taking part in the grand final of the competition in May
The winner receives �1,000 in prizes and a coveted place in the Miss Great Britain final.
Office administrator Leanne, 21, was previously a finalist in the Kerri Parker Academy's Model of the Year competition and appears in the 2010 Grid Girl calendar.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I was overwhelmed when I found out I had been chosen as a finalist for Miss Norfolk as there was over 100 girls who entered.
“I am really excited about the Miss Norfolk finals as this is a big opportunity for all the finalists and with the prize being a place in Miss Great Britain pageants don't get much bigger than that.”
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
Leanne is seeking a sponsor for the final and her evening gown for the catwalk.
Chrissie, 19, is being sponsored by Elysium beauty salon in Gorleston, but needs a dress sponsor to look her glamorous best on the night.
An animal management student at Great Yarmouth College, Chrissie is also a finalist in the Kerri Parker Academy's Model of the Year competition
She said: “It has been absolutely amazing being chosen for the Miss Norfolk final and my friends and family are really delighted for me.
“My boyfriend Peter has been a rock and really supported my modelling career. It is something I dream of doing along with working in wildlife conservation in Africa.”
For �50 Miss Norfolk businesses sponsors receive: a logo, website link/banner and information on the finalist's profile; a free ticket to the grand final; the opportunity to display banners/business cards on tables; and a mention when the models come out on stage and in the official programme given to 400 people.
Model's evening gown sponsors receive a mention on the night and images of her promoting the company.
Miss Norfolk is organised by the Kerri Parker Model Academy and takes place at Sprowston Manor Hotel, near Norwich on Thursday, May 6.
Email Leanne at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chrissie at email@example.com.