Roads closed for over a month for maintenance work
- Credit: Archant
Stretches of two roads in Gorleston will close for roadworks for over a month.
The A143 Beccles Road, from its junction with Humberstone Road to its junction with Plane Road, and Shrublands Way from its junction with Beccles Road southwards for a distance of 20 metres are both subject to the temporary traffic order.
The job, organised by Norfolk County Council, involves replacing the existing traffic signals at the Beccles Road/Shrublands Junction junction and renewal of all road markings.
The roads will be closed, except for access, between 9am and 3pm Monday to Saturday and Sunday between 7am and 5pm until February 25.
An alternative route is via Beccles Road, Beaufort Way, Lowestoft Road, A12 Gorleston from dualling to junction of B1370 including the roundabout, Middleton Road, Church Lane and Church Road.
You may also want to watch:
The diversion for Shrublands Way is via Beccles Road and Crab Lane.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus