Beer and chips and still lose weight
A SLIMMING club might be thought of as a woman's world, but a group of men are celebrating losing weight after joining up. Best of all, they've done that without giving up their favourite foods and still tuck into curries, steaks, burgers, roast dinners, fry-ups, and fish and chips, even enjoying the odd glass of beer too.
A SLIMMING club might be thought of as a woman's world, but a group of men are celebrating losing weight after joining up.
Best of all, they've done that without giving up their favourite foods and still tuck into curries, steaks, burgers, roast dinners, fry-ups, and fish and chips, even enjoying the odd glass of beer too.
Wayne, who attends his local Slimming World group on Thursday evenings at Gorleston Library has lost 2st 3lbs.
He said: “Like most men I thought slimming clubs were for women and expected to be eating nothing but salad. But the minute I walked through the door I realised that nothing could have been further from the truth. I was made very welcome.
You may also want to watch:
There's a real mix of people - men and women of all ages - and we have a great time. Plus with Slimming World's Food Optimising eating plan no foods are banned. Instead I've learned how to cook healthier versions of my favourite meals and every week at we share new recipes and handy tips.”
Slimming World Consultant Cira, who runs the Gorleston group, says: “It's great that we're able to celebrate this milestone and, without doubt, all of these men have improved their health. That's so important because the latest obesity statistics from the Government show that there are more overweight and obese men in England than women.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 3 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 4 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 5 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 6 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
“Even though men tend to be more nervous when they first join, they are actually some of the most successful slimmers. Men tend to have more muscle mass than women do and as muscle uses up energy it means that men often lose weight a little faster than women.
“Men also tend to be extremely focused when they start on a healthy eating plan and often see very good weight losses in the first few weeks, which motivates them to carry on and reach their targets quickly.”
A new Slimming World group is starting on Wednesday at Southtown Infant school with consultant by Rachel Middleton who currently runs a group at St George's Infant school.
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000.