Beer and cider festival set to open
FINAL preparations are in place for the 2010 Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival being held over the Bank Holiday weekend. The venue for this, the fourth annual festival, is the historic Priory Centre just north of the Market Place, next to St.
FINAL preparations are in place for the 2010 Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival being held over the Bank Holiday weekend.
The venue for this, the fourth annual festival, is the historic Priory Centre just north of the Market Place, next to St. Nicholas Church.
The Priory has a wonderful, oak beamed, high ceilinged grand hall that lends itself to a festival celebrating traditional real ales and locally produced ciders.
The event attracts a great deal of interest from independent brewers from around the Norfolk and north Suffolk, with some 40 breweries providing over 100 real ales, bitters and ciders for enthusiasts to sample.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be officially opened by Yarmouth Mayor Michael Jeal at 5pm tomorrow and run through to Sunday, opening for two sessions daily at 11am to 3pm and 5pm to 11pm.
A feast of musical entertainment has also been laid on with folk, Irish folk, skiffle and jazz musicians performing at various sessions.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 3 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 4 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 7 Where can you see Father Christmas in the borough?
- 8 New boost for the Wellesley
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
More information is available from the Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership on 01493 745828 or Blackfriars Brewery on 01493 850578, or www.gybeerandciderfestival.tk.