Belton youngsters shine at end of year school ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Moorlands Primary Academy at Belton held a full assembly of 370 pupils plus staff on the last day of the summer term for pupils to be presented with their learner of the year certificates and trophies.
This is the seventh year that the awards have been sponsored by Belton and District Historical Society and they were thanked for their continued support by headmaster Mr Kevin Lee who emphasised the importance of the awards, present from the society were chairman Ian Walker, vice chairman Bill Richmond and club secretary Brian Swan.
As each pupil, one from each of the 13 classes, was presented with their award one of the class staff explained why that particular child had been selected and in almost all cases the staff said how difficult it had been to pick the award winner.
Awards went to Jack from Caterpillars class and Maisie from Ladybirds (both nursery groups), Noah from Voles and Jenny from Dormice (the two reception classes), Oliver from Rabbits (Year 1) William from Hedgehogs (Years 1 & 2), Annie from Squirrels (Year 2).
The Year 3 Otters winner was Hannah, the year 4, Foxes award went to Lois, the combined years 4 and 5 Badgers class winner was Freddie, Year 5 (Owls) award went to Roman and the year 6 awards went to Hollie (Deers) and Abbie (Eagles class).
All the winners parents had been notified of the awards and most were present to see them received.
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 4 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 5 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 6 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 7 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 8 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 9 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 10 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town