Best view in Britain on Ebay.
THE best view of the summer solstice sunrise in Britain is on offer as a charity auction on Ebay. On the morning of the June 21 two lucky people can view the spectacular sunrise over the North Sea from the top of Nelson's Monument in Great Yarmouth.
THE best view of the summer solstice sunrise in Britain is on offer as a charity auction on Ebay.
On the morning of the June 21 two lucky people can view the spectacular sunrise over the North Sea from the top of Nelson's Monument in Great Yarmouth.
A summer solstice ascent is the idea of volunteer guide John Russell, who will escort the successful bidders to the top of the monument to enjoy the view as the sun dawns on the longest day of the year.
The Nelson Monument, or Norfolk Naval Pillar, is a Grade I listed building completed in 1817 as a tribute to Lord Nelson and is only open on a limited number of dates throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
It stands 44 metres (144 feet) high and offers breathtaking views across the Norfolk countryside and coast.
The proceeds of this special charity auction will go to support the work of the Nelson Museum in Yarmouth.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 3 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 4 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 5 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 6 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 9 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley
Museum curator Hannah Bentley said: “This is such a unique experience that has never been offered before.
“I really hope it captures people's imagination and inspires them to place a bid for the chance of such a wonderful opportunity.”
The auction went live on Ebay on this week and runs until 9am on Friday, June 11.
The Ebay item number is 170484778396 and bidding starts at just 99p.
Contact the Nelson Museum on 01493 850698 or visit the website at www.nelson-museum.co.uk