Best view in Britain on Ebay.
THE best view of the summer solstice sunrise in Britain is on offer as a charity auction on Ebay. On the morning of the June 21 two lucky people can view the spectacular sunrise over the North Sea from the top of Nelson's Monument in Great Yarmouth.
THE best view of the summer solstice sunrise in Britain is on offer as a charity auction on Ebay.
On the morning of the June 21 two lucky people can view the spectacular sunrise over the North Sea from the top of Nelson's Monument in Great Yarmouth.
A summer solstice ascent is the idea of volunteer guide John Russell, who will escort the successful bidders to the top of the monument to enjoy the view as the sun dawns on the longest day of the year.
The Nelson Monument, or Norfolk Naval Pillar, is a Grade I listed building completed in 1817 as a tribute to Lord Nelson and is only open on a limited number of dates throughout the year.
It stands 44 metres (144 feet) high and offers breathtaking views across the Norfolk countryside and coast.
The proceeds of this special charity auction will go to support the work of the Nelson Museum in Yarmouth.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
Museum curator Hannah Bentley said: “This is such a unique experience that has never been offered before.
“I really hope it captures people's imagination and inspires them to place a bid for the chance of such a wonderful opportunity.”
The auction went live on Ebay on this week and runs until 9am on Friday, June 11.
The Ebay item number is 170484778396 and bidding starts at just 99p.
Contact the Nelson Museum on 01493 850698 or visit the website at www.nelson-museum.co.uk