Bid time running out in Gorleston
TIME is running out for bidders to apply for a share of �10,000 awarded to community projects in Gorleston.The cash for the Magdalen, Elmhurst Court and Shrublands areas of town has been awarded by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
TIME is running out for bidders to apply for a share of �10,000 awarded to community projects in Gorleston.
The cash for the Magdalen, Elmhurst Court and Shrublands areas of town has been awarded by Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Funding applications have to be made by Monday, and residents will have the final say on who will receive the money.
The bidding process is being managed by MESH, the new name for Magdalen, Elmhurst Court and Shrublands Neighbourhood Management.
The rebranding was carried out by pupils from Oriel Specialist Maths and Computing College who came up with a number of names with MESH chosen as the winner.
MESH neighbourhood manager Julie Woods said: "I would like to thank Oriel High School as they supplied us with some great possibilities to choose from. The next stage is a logo to go with the name."
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
A shortlist of successful applicants will be drawn up at a public meeting on Tuesday at Shrublands Youth and Adult Centre from 10.30am. Local policing priorities will also be discussed at the meeting organised by the MESH steering group.
Residents will be able to vote on how the money should be spent on Tuesday, February 23, 11am-4pm, Cherry Road Communal Room, Shrublands Estate; Wednesday, February 24, 2-6pm, Community Room, Elmhurst Court; February 25, 2-6pm, Magdalen Methodist Church. The winners will be announced on Friday, March 5.
For more information contact Julie Woods on 07825724481.