Big cat sighting in north Norfolk
News reports of fresh sightings of a mysterious big black cat in north Norfolk have prompted a call from another man who saw it last summer.Andy Blake, who has a second home at Weybourne, says he spotted the creature in the field at the front of the Muckleburgh Collection museum last June.
News reports of fresh sightings of a mysterious big black cat in north Norfolk have prompted a call from another man who saw it last summer.
Andy Blake, who has a second home at Weybourne, says he spotted the creature in the field at the front of the Muckleburgh Collection museum last June.
He said: “We were driving past about 5.30pm on a summer's evening and about 100 rabbits in the field with a tank in it suddenly scattered. I slowed down and we saw this dark grey animal, about 12 feet long, run across the field and jump clean over two 4ft-high fences.
“The only time I've seen anything like it was when I was younger and saw the black panther in the Jungle Book film,” said Mr Blake, of Saddleworth Moor, near Manchester. “I did not know about these big-cat sightings in the past, but we have now spending more time here and saw the headlines.”
You may also want to watch:
Last week, there were reported sightings of big black cats near Aylsham and Aylmerton in recent weeks, coinciding with similar sightings in the West Country and Fens.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 6 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 9 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed