Big cat sighting in north Norfolk
News reports of fresh sightings of a mysterious big black cat in north Norfolk have prompted a call from another man who saw it last summer.Andy Blake, who has a second home at Weybourne, says he spotted the creature in the field at the front of the Muckleburgh Collection museum last June.
News reports of fresh sightings of a mysterious big black cat in north Norfolk have prompted a call from another man who saw it last summer.
Andy Blake, who has a second home at Weybourne, says he spotted the creature in the field at the front of the Muckleburgh Collection museum last June.
He said: “We were driving past about 5.30pm on a summer's evening and about 100 rabbits in the field with a tank in it suddenly scattered. I slowed down and we saw this dark grey animal, about 12 feet long, run across the field and jump clean over two 4ft-high fences.
“The only time I've seen anything like it was when I was younger and saw the black panther in the Jungle Book film,” said Mr Blake, of Saddleworth Moor, near Manchester. “I did not know about these big-cat sightings in the past, but we have now spending more time here and saw the headlines.”
You may also want to watch:
Last week, there were reported sightings of big black cats near Aylsham and Aylmerton in recent weeks, coinciding with similar sightings in the West Country and Fens.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park