Workman recovers after wall falls on him
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services rushed to the scene of an industrial accident where a wall fell onto a man in the Cobholm area of Great Yarmouth.
Emergency services rushed to the scene of an industrial accident where a wall fell onto a workman in the Cobholm area of Great Yarmouth.
Police were called to Mill Road at 2.30pm on Monday after the wall toppled over on a site where homes are being built.
Norfolk Police said it was believed that the workman is believed not to have suffered serious injuries.
A resident said they ‘heard a loud bang’ around the time of the incident and later saw a large emergency response.
As emergency services dealt with the accident they sealed off the area as residence looked on.
Police described the incident as an industrial accident and the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
The boarding around the wall showed that the area is a new development of two bedroom apartments.
Firefighters attended and helped the casualty of the wall collapse before passing him over to the care of the ambulance service.