Everyone say ‘ahhhhh’ - Winners of this year’s Bonny Babies competition are just too cute
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Every parent thinks their baby is the cutest in the world and last month, more than 100 parents entered their children into our Bonny Babies competition.
While choosing a favourite from the smiling faces was no mean feat, the votes have been counted and the winners can be announced.
Emma James screamed “yaaay!” when she found out her 10-month-old daughter Merida was chosen as the winner of the Bonniest Girl under 2s category.
She said: “It’s awesome news, I am quite happy. She is adorable and beautiful and my family wanted me to enter her because that picture is just everybody’s favourite.
“Not to sound cocky, but when my mum and grandma saw it they said she’d win with that picture, and they were right.
“She actually wasn’t very well at the time but she is a true woman and a bath will always make her feel better.
“I put my little pink turbie twist in her hair and she just sat with it on for ages.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
- 3 Body part investigation continues in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 5 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 8 'Queen of knitting' meets third royal at Royal Norfolk Show
- 9 Watch: Boy, 7, spars with Tyson Fury during Norfolk visit
- 10 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
“She has got massive eyes and that’s all I get everywhere I go.”
Ormesby’s Alfie-Ray was the winner of the Bonniest Boy under 2s category after his bath time picture also melted the hearts of voters.
Meanwhile, two-and-a-half-year-old Stanley Poll was chosen as the Bonniest Boy in the 2-4 category.
His mother, Jenna Poll, said the news came at a great time.
She said: “It was really good timing actually because he is undergoing quite a few tests at the minute.
“He is having genetic tests, X-rays, he has had so much stuff done. He might have to have growth hormones when they find out what’s wrong with him, so its been quite a nice thing to have happen.
“We get compliments all the time. They always say about his big eyes and his blond hair, and also the fact he is small and dainty.
“My friend asked me to enter him because she said he had such beautiful eyes.”
Lastly, Ella-Rose was crowned winner in the Bonniest Girl 2-4 category.
The winners will all receive a £50 voucher and their picture on a canvas.
Great Yarmouth Mercury editor Andrew Fitchett thanked everyone who took part: “We had some really cute entries this year - thanks to everyone who voted and entered.”