Bowling green future uncertain
THE future of a village bowling green is still uncertain following a parish council meeting this week.Suffolk County Council wants to expand Corton Primary School as it will take extra pupils when middle schools are scrapped in the Lowestoft area from 2011.
THE future of a village bowling green is still uncertain following a parish council meeting this week.
Suffolk County Council wants to expand Corton Primary School as it will take extra pupils when middle schools are scrapped in the Lowestoft area from 2011.
The plans involve the school taking over the village hall for use as an assembly and dining hall and the bowling green for an outdoor play area.
A recent consultation period has seen county council officials hold a display in the village and explain the reasons behind the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
However, members of the village bowling club are upset that a popular village amenity that has been in existence for 100 years could be lost.
Parish council members met on Tuesday where they were given an update on the current situation.
- 1 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 2 Seaside cafe gets permission to sell alcohol
- 3 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Goodbye number 12 - Send off to dedicated 4x4 response member
- 8 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 9 Seafront Empire re-opening as music and street food venue
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Chairman David Butcher said: “We are still at the consultation stage so the parish council has not so far made any recommendations. It is a complex situation as the Charity Commissioners have to be involved.”
A county council spokesman has said that all views expressed will be taken into consideration before a planning application is submitted.