Bradwell girl's quick recovery
A BRAVE little Bradwell girl is full of bounce again after undergoing major surgery for a serious heart condition.Paris Howell endured a seven hour operation at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children to have a prosthetic heart valve fitted.
A BRAVE little Bradwell girl is full of bounce again after undergoing major surgery for a serious heart condition.
Paris Howell endured a seven hour operation at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children to have a prosthetic heart valve fitted.
The six year old Woodlands School pupil has had three living saving operations at the hospital after being born with a condition called tricuspid atresia.
Dad Jason said: “The nurses told us the Paris was the best patient they had ever had in intensive care.
“She was a little upset about having gas, it was the first big operation she has had for a few years and was designed to help take the pressure off her lungs.”
Paris's uncle Lee and aunt Sharon raised �1,674 for Great Ormond Street Hospital taking part in this year's Great North Run.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 3 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
Lee and Sharon completed the run in a time of two hours, eight minutes and travelled to London to present the cheque to hospital staff.