Bradwell girl wows X Factor judges
A Norfolk teenager is hoping her singing talents will help her follow in the footsteps of the X Factor stars Leona Lewis and Leon Jackson.Emma Crowther, of Bradwell, near Yarmouth, has won over the judges of the hit television talent show and now has a great chance of hitting the big time.
A Norfolk teenager is hoping her singing talents will help her follow in the footsteps of the X Factor stars Leona Lewis and Leon Jackson.
Emma Crowther, of Bradwell, near Yarmouth, has won over the judges of the hit television talent show and now has a great chance of hitting the big time.
The 17-year-old has been chosen to take part in the X Factor boot camp in which talented singers hone their entertainment skills to snare a place on the live knock out stages of the popular competition.
If Emma proves herself at the boot camp and impresses judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole she will appear on millions of television sets across the country.
She hopes to emulate previous winners Leona Lewis and Leon Jackson and launch a successful music career.
Emma was chosen for the summer boot camp after she wowed the judges, apart from the hard to please Cowell, with a song by Alicia Keys.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 10 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
She said: “I do not have any expectations about winning or appearing on X Factor. But it would be great if I did. I have to admit the audition was the most nerve wracking moment of my life.
“I have to say Simon Cowell was not nasty when he voted against me. He just said I choose the wrong song for me and that I had great potential.”
Emma is currently studying health and social care at Gorleston's East Norfolk Sixth Form College but she said that singing was her number one love.