Tonight’s the night! Thousands of trick or treaters are set to descend on this spooky Norfolk home
- Credit: Nick Butcher
For most of the year Neil Potter’s Bradwell home is packed to the rafters with Halloween props and creations.
But for one night only the full horror is unleashed on his front garden for hundreds of pint-sized phantoms and ghouls to marvel at and feel a frisson of fun-tinged fear.
Tonight more than 2,000 are expected to knock on his door and utter the immortal words ‘trick or treat?’ - but really it’s all about seeing the show rather than adding to their confectionery haul of gooey eyes and jelly skeletons.
For Mr Potter trimming up in all its horrible and gory glory for the seventh time means no sleep the night before as three of them labour to create the spectral scene.
After a brief nap and a quick coffee at 5am today he was ready to carry on fixing and assembling his home-made set which this year is raising money for EACH and specifically the Nook appeal.
And it all came together in the nick of time at around 4.30pm.
Mr Potter will be handing out some 2,200 bags of sweets tonight in El Alamein Way, dressed as Jack Skellington
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 6 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 7 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
“I am tired but excited,” he said.
“The kids absolutely make it. It’s absolutely brilliant and I get comments from the parents too who say thank you and that it is creating some special memories.”
And in just a few hours from 10pm it will all start coming down again.