Bradwell model gets taste of the fashion life after competition win
- Credit: Archant
A local girl got a taste of the world of high fashion when she was one of the stars at a London photo shoot
Kia Buller, 15, from Bradwell, was recently chosen as the overall winner of the Market Gates Shopping Centre and Great Yarmouth Mercury’s Modelsearch.
As a prize she was invited to a fashion shoot, accompanied by her mother Kathy, to join the other seven finalists in a national competition.
After breakfast at the Hilton in Chelsea, the finalists were collected by a stretch limousine and taken to the studio for the photo shoot.
With a team of four make-up artists boasting a wealth of experience in the industry gained from the likes of MAC, the London School of Fashion and London Fashion Week, the finalists were pampered and placed in front of the lens of top fashion and celebrity photographer Lou Denim.
Lou is a French fashion photographer with an international portfolio of work including fashion photography for Levi’s, H&M and magazines FHM and Cosmopolitan.
As part of the trip Kia gained a real insight into the world of modelling, helping to create fashion pictures including a Christmas photo shoot and modelling clothes from New Look.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
Kia said: “Modelsearch has been an awesome experience. I got the chance to be photographed by professional photographers, have my hair and make up done and to wear some amazing clothes. I also met some lovely people along the way that were so very helpful in making me feel comfortable in front of the camera.
“The photographs that I have from the whole competition are something I will treasure and will also help me build my first modelling portfolio.”
The Modelsearch will be returning to the Market Gates Shopping Centre next Spring.