Bradwell PO relocation plan
A CONSULTATION was launched yesterday to discuss plans to relocate a rural Norfolk post office to a new site 400 yards away.The Post Office wants to move its recently closed branch in Bradwell, near Yarmouth from Beccles Road to the Premier Convenience Store in Church Lane.
A CONSULTATION was launched yesterday to discuss plans to relocate a rural Norfolk post office to a new site 400 yards away.
The Post Office wants to move its recently closed branch in Bradwell, near Yarmouth from Beccles Road to the Premier Convenience Store in Church Lane.
If approved the relocation will mean customers will benefit from a new purpose built serving counter, easy access and off road car parking.
A Post Office spokesman said: “Our priority is to safeguard Post Office services to the local community in the longer term. The relocation of the Bradwell branch allows us to maintain access to Post Office services in the area and improve existing facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Beccles Road post branch closed on Friday because of what the spokesman described as problems beyond the Post Office's control.
Anyone wishing to comment on the relocation consultation, which runs until Tuesday, September 1, can write to the Post Office's national consultation team at PO Box 2060, Watford WD18 8ZW, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08457 223344.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 3 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 4 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 5 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 6 Man sought help for ADHD before his death, inquest hears
- 7 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 8 Photo gallery: Memories of the lost lido at Gorleston seafront
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 65,000 attend Out There Festival