Bradwell PO relocation plan
A CONSULTATION was launched yesterday to discuss plans to relocate a rural Norfolk post office to a new site 400 yards away.The Post Office wants to move its recently closed branch in Bradwell, near Yarmouth from Beccles Road to the Premier Convenience Store in Church Lane.
A CONSULTATION was launched yesterday to discuss plans to relocate a rural Norfolk post office to a new site 400 yards away.
The Post Office wants to move its recently closed branch in Bradwell, near Yarmouth from Beccles Road to the Premier Convenience Store in Church Lane.
If approved the relocation will mean customers will benefit from a new purpose built serving counter, easy access and off road car parking.
A Post Office spokesman said: “Our priority is to safeguard Post Office services to the local community in the longer term. The relocation of the Bradwell branch allows us to maintain access to Post Office services in the area and improve existing facilities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Beccles Road post branch closed on Friday because of what the spokesman described as problems beyond the Post Office's control.
Anyone wishing to comment on the relocation consultation, which runs until Tuesday, September 1, can write to the Post Office's national consultation team at PO Box 2060, Watford WD18 8ZW, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08457 223344.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 3 'Enough is enough, let us dance' - Nightclubs lose patience over lockdown
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Delay to planned Freedom Day a 'nightmare' for coastal businesses
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 10 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk