Bradwell Rainbow shop's pot of gold
CUSTOMER of the Rainbow Foodstore in Bradwell have raised �251.11 for Smart Kids OK, the dedicated play centre for children with autistic disorders.The Co-op's Pick up a Penny campaign began in May as a local initiative to raise money for the charity.
CUSTOMER of the Rainbow Foodstore in Bradwell have raised �251.11 for Smart Kids OK, the dedicated play centre for children with autistic disorders.
The Co-op's Pick up a Penny campaign began in May as a local initiative to raise money for the charity. Customers were urged not to throw away till receipts but place them in a collection box and for every receipt collected the foodstore donated one penny to the centre.
Smart Kids OK centre manager Jacky Porter said: “I would like to thank the Co-op for choosing to support us and all the customers who donated their receipts. The money will be used to fund activities to keep the children entertained over the half-term break and will include many Halloween surprises too.”
Senior team trainer at the Rainbow Foodstore, Dawn Howelll said: “Pick Up a Penny has been a huge success and I thank our customers for that. Working to support the local community is something we believe very strongly in and I am pleased the money raised will be put to good use.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictured are, from left: Jacky Porter Manager, Dawn Howell and Smart Kids OK fundraiser Andy Bane.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray