Great grandmother sheds almost two stone and feels a new woman at age of 82
- Credit: Archant
A great grandmother has proved you are never too old to lose weight by joining a Slimming World group in Bradwell and losing almost two stone in less than six months.
Veronica Griffiths, 82, was a size 16 to 18 and is now a size 12 to 14 and even has a couple of size 10 pairs of trousers.
She joined her local Slimming World group back in October and has gone on to lose 1st 10lbs, reaching her chosen target weight in March.
She follows Slimming World’s Food Optimising eating plan, which encourages slimmers to fill up on satisfying yet healthy everyday foods like fruit and vegetables, lean meat and fish, pasta, potatoes and rice without having to weigh and measure.
The mother-of-three said: “I’d tried various diets and they’ve never lasted. It became a bit of a joke in the family. Veronica is going to start dieting tomorrow, they’d say.
“Reaching this age I thought it would be nice to lose the weight that I’d put on over the last few years and a nice way to meet people. On both scores it’s been fabulous.’
“I feel so much better. It’s given me a lift totally. I’m more energetic and it’s given me a mental lift. It really makes me feel I’m not my age at all.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
“When people say you don’t look your age that’s nice to hear, of course it is, but when you actually feel younger at my age that’s a big lift. I can go for a certain size clothes now which is a lot easier than the size 16/18’s.
In her spare time she enjoys gardening, cooking and reading.
Bradwell Slimming World consultant Karley Manthorpe said: “To describe Veronica as an amazing lady and inspiration does not even start to sum her up.
“A lot of people seem to use age as a reason to give up, but I hope Veronica can show them that you are never too old and you can do anything at any age.”
The Bradwell Slimming World Group is held every Tuesday at 10am, 12pm, 5.30pm and 7.30pm at Mill Lane Community Centre. To join or find out more call Karley Manthorpe 07552 760668.