Bradwell teen through to finals of Miss East Anglia
- Credit: Archant
A Bradwell teen will fulfil a childhood dream when she sashays down the catwalk in the regional final of a national beauty competition.
Zoey Brierley was thrilled to make it through to the last stage of Miss East Anglia 2013, and will now be strutting her stuff in front of a live audience and judging panel in a variety of outfits – one of which she is making herself.
The pretty 18 year old beat off competition from scores of hopefuls to be picked as one of 22 finalists from across Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire to make it through to the last regional round – the winners of which will land a place in the prestigious Miss England contest.
As part of the competition the contestants are having to make their own eco-friendly outfit that they will parade down the catwalk and Zoey is now hard at work on her recycled ensemble, ahead of the final on April 21.
The former Lynn Grove High School student said: “Because it’s Miss East Anglia I’m making an outfit with East Anglian newspapers and stick stuff on like crisp packets.
“I have never done anything like it before, it’s something different.”
Zoey has been interested in modelling and beauty contests from a young age and despite her nerves, is hoping she may be among the lucky ones to go through to Miss England.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 3 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 10 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
As well as sweeping down the runway in their own creations, the contestants will also model an evening gown and an outfit of their choice.
Zoey, who works for her family’s confectionary and import businesses, will be supported at the finals on April 21 in Essex by her mum and dad.