Bradwell woman could gain pounds after weight loss
A BRADWELL woman has celebrated her slimming success after her dramatic weight loss caused her to win a local competition.
Karley Manthorpe was named the Gorleston Slimming World Group’s Woman of the Year when she lost 3st 8.5lbs in just 48 weeks.
The success has led the 35-year-old to be considered for the regional finals of the competition, despite joining the group in July.
“I started to put on weight and I tried lots of different diets but they usually left me feeling hungry and miserable,” she said. “But Slimming World is different. I never dreamt I could achieve so much.
“I’ve gone from a size 20 to a 12 and it’s made such a huge difference.
“It’s changed my life. I’ve got so much more energy and I can do things now that I couldn’t before.
“My fitness has improved and I enjoy being active now rather than thinking of it as a chore.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
- 10 Lost sailor found going backwards 12 miles off Norfolk coast
“I’m at the gym five times a week and go to Zumba classes. I’m much healthier, and when I’m out shopping I can pick clothes off the rail without worrying if they’ll fit or not.
“I feel like a winner already, and being voted the Gorleston group’s Woman of the Year 2011 is the icing on the cake.”
Karley will go forward to the regional finals of the competition, which will put her in the running for the national title.
The national Slimming World Woman of the Year 2011 will be announced in November and the winner will take home a �5,000 cash prize.
Cira McDonald, who runs the Gorleston and the Hopton slimming groups, said: “I’m so proud of Karley. Not only does she look gorgeous, but she’s improved her health and is bursting with energy.
“She’s a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women in the area to change their lives in the same way.
It can be hard to admit that you need to do something about your weight and to ask for help, but I think Karley shows just what’s possible and what a huge difference losing weight can make.”
HAVE you a slimming success story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell everyone how you did it