Break-in at play park
A crocodile puppet has been stolen in a break-in at the Bewilderwood play park.The thieves targeted the adventure park in Hoveton, overnight on Thursday.
A crocodile puppet has been stolen in a break-in at the Bewilderwood play park.
The thieves targeted the adventure park in Hoveton, overnight on Thursday.
A puppet of Mildred the Crocklebog, one of the park's popular characters, has been stolen along with some handmade fancy dress clothing, all of which is kept under lock and key overnight.
Park signs have also been damaged and there is evidence that those who entered the park, also dragged bean bags up onto the slides.
Bosses at the park said they were studying CCTV for evidence of the break-in, and added that the park remains open, with some of the damage already being repaired.
Jo Artherton, marketing manager of the park, said: “We are going to remain positive, they have not stolen everything, and we can carry on, we will have to make more costumes though and the puppets are handmade, so it will take time.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 3 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 4 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 5 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 6 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 7 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 8 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 9 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
“It is just sad that someone would do this.”
Anyone with information about the thefts and damage is asked to contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.