Bridge repairs to last a fortnight
Briggate Bridge in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from Monday while repairs are carried out.A parapet wall on the bridge, which carries the C411, Station Road, over the North Walsham and Dilham canal, was partly damaged in an accident.
Briggate Bridge in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from Monday while repairs are carried out.
A parapet wall on the bridge, which carries the C411, Station Road, over the North Walsham and Dilham canal, was partly damaged in an accident.
The road will be closed to vehicles Monday - Friday between 7.30am and 4pm to enable the repairs to be made and diversions will be in place.
Access for pedestrians will be maintained and special arrangements will be made for school buses before 8am and after 3.30pm, and the emergency services at all times.
You may also want to watch:
The work will be carried out by the Norfolk County Council Planning and Transportation partnership and is estimated to cost �6,000.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Drone captures unique view of Norfolk landmark
- 10 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape