Bridge repairs to last a fortnight
Briggate Bridge in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from Monday while repairs are carried out.A parapet wall on the bridge, which carries the C411, Station Road, over the North Walsham and Dilham canal, was partly damaged in an accident.
Briggate Bridge in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from Monday while repairs are carried out.
A parapet wall on the bridge, which carries the C411, Station Road, over the North Walsham and Dilham canal, was partly damaged in an accident.
The road will be closed to vehicles Monday - Friday between 7.30am and 4pm to enable the repairs to be made and diversions will be in place.
Access for pedestrians will be maintained and special arrangements will be made for school buses before 8am and after 3.30pm, and the emergency services at all times.
You may also want to watch:
The work will be carried out by the Norfolk County Council Planning and Transportation partnership and is estimated to cost �6,000.
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 8 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 9 Family ‘desperately worried’ for grandmother missing for five days
- 10 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home