Bridge repairs to last a fortnight
Briggate Bridge in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from Monday while repairs are carried out.A parapet wall on the bridge, which carries the C411, Station Road, over the North Walsham and Dilham canal, was partly damaged in an accident.
Briggate Bridge in North Walsham will be closed for two weeks from Monday while repairs are carried out.
A parapet wall on the bridge, which carries the C411, Station Road, over the North Walsham and Dilham canal, was partly damaged in an accident.
The road will be closed to vehicles Monday - Friday between 7.30am and 4pm to enable the repairs to be made and diversions will be in place.
Access for pedestrians will be maintained and special arrangements will be made for school buses before 8am and after 3.30pm, and the emergency services at all times.
You may also want to watch:
The work will be carried out by the Norfolk County Council Planning and Transportation partnership and is estimated to cost �6,000.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 6 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say