Bronze statue plan for butcher
A NORFOLK butcher wants to show his creative streak by making a two metre high statue of a bull to welcome customers to his shop.Andrew Edmond from the Bradwell Butchery and an artist has applied to set up a bronze statue outside his store in Bradwell, near Yarmouth, as part of plans to expand his business.
A NORFOLK butcher wants to show his creative streak by making a two metre high statue of a bull to welcome customers to his shop.
Andrew Edmond from the Bradwell Butchery and an artist has applied to set up a bronze statue outside his store in Bradwell, near Yarmouth, as part of plans to expand his business.
Mr Edmond will sculpt the resin statue next year if Yarmouth Borough Council approves the expansion scheme, which will see the butchers double in size and set up a delicatessen counter.
Earlier in the year Mr Edmond made a smaller bull statue in Yarmouth Library as part of a large scale exhibition of his work, which also included hand drawn portraits and several striking paintings.
You may also want to watch:
He hopes his love of art and all things meat will combine perfectly to create the new eye catching statue and help his business grow.
Mr Edmond said: “I think it will make a wonderful focal point for the shop and the area. There is nothing around here like it at all.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
“The Bradwell Butchery has put in the expansion plan because customer numbers have risen by 20pc in the last year and Mr Edmond hopes the new look business will help clinch him another place at the Butcher of Year awards.
The planning submission for the Crab Lane site also includes resurfacing an eight space car park and setting up a small bakery.