Two people treated for smoke inhalation following bungalow fire
PUBLISHED: 18:39 21 February 2019 | UPDATED: 19:48 21 February 2019
Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation following a bungalow fire in Caister-on-Sea.
Emergency services were called to Brooke Avenue in the village, north of Great Yarmouth, shortly after 4pm on Thursday to reports of a domestic building fire.
Four fire engines from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended.
Watch manager Thaine Hacon said the blaze was caused by an old chip pan that caught fire.
He said two people who were inside the property were being treated for smoke inhalation, but were not being taken to hospital.
A fire service spokesman said crews wearing breathing apparatus are using main and hose jets to extinguish the blaze.
The incident was declared over at 5.45pm. There is said to be smoke damage throughout the property.
• Updates to follow
• Do you have pictures of the scene? Email email@example.com