Brundall chef in prestigious show
A top Norfolk chef will be showing off his skills to other chefs from all over the country at a prestigious show next week.Richard Hughes of the Lavender House in Brundall has been asked to run the main restaurant at the Restaurant Show in London for a day.
A top Norfolk chef will be showing off his skills to other chefs from all over the country at a prestigious show next week.
Richard Hughes of the Lavender House in Brundall has been asked to run the main restaurant at the Restaurant Show in London for a day. The annual show in Earls Court attracts up to 25,000 people from the restaurant industry. The show's main restaurant, the Signature restaurant, teams up leading restaurants with young chefs from Westminster Kingsway College.
A different leading chef has been chosen to run the restaurant for each of the three days. The two others picked are Giorgio Locatelli of Michelin-starred Locanda Locatelli in London, and Cyrus Todiwala of Caf� Spice Namast� in London, which has a Michelin Bib Gourmand.
The team from the Lavender House, including Mr Hughes, Richard Knights, Sam Matthews and Jon Gay, will be travelling down on Tuesday to get ready for their day's work on Wednesday. But there is no time to relax after that - Mr Hughes' daughter Alison is getting married the next day, and the Lavender House is doing the food.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hughes said they were regular visitors to the show, but had never been asked to run the restaurant before. He said: “We're pleased as punch to have been asked to run the restaurant at the Restaurant Show. Some very famous names have been there in the past. It means huge exposure (and hard work) for the Lavender House.”
- 1 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 2 Riverside road closed after sinkhole opens up
- 3 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
- 4 'Subtly creepy' man, 70, posed as teen to chat to 12-year-old girls
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Mercedes badge or shooting star? Confusion over town's new light display
- 7 Norfolk high school appoints new principal after 'difficult year'
- 8 Eyes down for bingo and bubbly as players toast their return
- 9 Missing man found safe and well in woodland near his home
- 10 'Check your outbuildings' - Concern grows for missing 26-year-old