Burglar posed as police officer
THE home of an elderly Caister woman was burgled on Saturday by a man posing as a police officer.A purse containing cash and bank cards was stolen from the house in Caister Road just after 4pm.
THE home of an elderly Caister woman was burgled on Saturday by a man posing as a police officer.
A purse containing cash and bank cards was stolen from the house in Caister Road just after 4pm.
The woman, who is in her 80s, let the thief into her house after he claimed to be from the police.
He is described as in his 50s, large built with brown or fair hair and wearing a dark suit and dark tie.
You may also want to watch:
Contact: DC Matt Jenkins at Great Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police officers always show their identity at the door and anyone doubting their identity should call 0845 456 4567.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence