Burglars target pubs
GREAT Yarmouth detectives are appealing for information following a series of break-ins at pubs in the space of the last few days. Police are investigating possible links between the incidents and are urging landlords to remain vigilant.
The first burglary happened between 7.30pm on Saturday, September 11, and 12.30am the following morning at the Mariners Tavern on Howard Street South.
Thieves gained access to the flat above the pub and stole a large quantity of cash.
During the same evening crooks stole jewellery and a large quantity of cash at the Kevill Arms on Church Road, Gorleston after climbing through an open window.
A large amount of cash, jewellery box and wallet was stolen from The Lion on Euston Road, Yarmouth between 8.30pm on Saturday, September 17, and 1am the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Thieves targeted the White Hart Inn at Hopton on Thursday, September 16, stealing a handbag which had been left at the rear of the pub between 9.15 and 9.40pm.
Officers are investigating links between the incidents and are urging landlords to remain vigilant.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
Anyone with information in relation to the burglaries should contact DS Darren Reade at Great Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.