Burglars target pubs
GREAT Yarmouth detectives are appealing for information following a series of break-ins at pubs in the space of the last few days. Police are investigating possible links between the incidents and are urging landlords to remain vigilant.
The first burglary happened between 7.30pm on Saturday, September 11, and 12.30am the following morning at the Mariners Tavern on Howard Street South.
Thieves gained access to the flat above the pub and stole a large quantity of cash.
During the same evening crooks stole jewellery and a large quantity of cash at the Kevill Arms on Church Road, Gorleston after climbing through an open window.
A large amount of cash, jewellery box and wallet was stolen from The Lion on Euston Road, Yarmouth between 8.30pm on Saturday, September 17, and 1am the following day.
Thieves targeted the White Hart Inn at Hopton on Thursday, September 16, stealing a handbag which had been left at the rear of the pub between 9.15 and 9.40pm.
Officers are investigating links between the incidents and are urging landlords to remain vigilant.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
Anyone with information in relation to the burglaries should contact DS Darren Reade at Great Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.